Learning and Teaching in AIS West elementary school is a well-executed balance between rigorous curriculums, proven instructional strategies and relationships with students that communicate high expectations and commitment to student success.
Student data provides feedback about what students are learning and what they still need to learn. To guide learning and teaching, this data includes:
- Daily teacher observations
- Daily student work products
- End-of-unit assessments
- Measure of Academic Progress (MAP) test – a nationally normed standardized test in Reading, Language Arts and Math
- Skills and benchmark assessments such as running records, Reading A-Z and IXL.
- What can I expect my child to learn in….
AIS West Family Handbook - Elementary School 2017 - 2018