How to Apply
AIS-West accepts applications from students for enrollment in Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12.
All applications made to AIS-West are considered on an individual basis. Admission will only be finalized after all relevant paperwork has been completed and received by the Admissions Office by the due date.
Children applying for Pre-K must be 3 years old by the end of December; to join KG1 they must be 4 years old by the end of December.
Priority for any grade level is given to children who already have siblings in school.
The Application Process
Please click to download application form (Application Form). Please note that this is an editable pdf document. Complete all fields, save to your computer and send as an attachment with a covering letter to email@example.com or send by mail to our postal address.
Prior to interview, all applicants will need to supply the following documentation to support their application :
- The confidential recommendation form completed by the student's current school and returned to AISW together with all other documents. Please download here (ONLY FOR STUDENTS APPLYING TO GRADE 6-12).
- a certificate of completion for Arabic from the previous school
- academic reports for the previous two years of education or 3 years for high school (an official transcript is required for students applying to grades 10,11,12)
- a photocopy of a passport for all applicants
- a copy of both parents' ID (for Egyptians) and copy of parents' passport copy (for non- Egyptians)
- an original birth certificate computerized for Egyptian nationals (with a green postage stamp on it)
- eight recent photos passport size on a white background
- a certificate of good behavior from the applicant's previous school
- Completed health record including a copy of the immunization card signed and stamped by the student(s) doctor ( Please download the form, complete it and send it to us at the same email address as the application form) Student Health Record Form
Once all documentation is received, applying students will be assigned a day and a time to attend the Admissions Office to undertake tests in writing, reading, grammar and Mathematics. Students transferring from an accredited International school and whose records are in good standing may be exempt from these tests. Students applying to grades 6-12 will be required to have a personal interview with the Secondary School Principal before final acceptance.
Following notification of acceptance and to reserve a place, the first installment fee must be paid within seven days.
In case there are no current places available at their grade level, accepted students will be placed on a waiting list in chronological order, according to the date of their first installment fee payment.
Once parents have been advised of their child/ren's acceptance the place/s will be held open for 7 days during which time the first installment fee must be received by the business office to reserve the place/s. The first installment fee is strictly non-refundable. If the services of a school bus is required the bus fee deposit is also strictly non-refundable.
If you have any further queries or questions, please contact the School Registrar during school hours.
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Before students can be fully enrolled at AISW, documents required by the Ministry of Education in Egypt must be submitted to the student affairs office in school before the start of the academic year.
These mandatory requirements are clearly explained in documents that you can access via the attached link.
Please be advised that it is the sole responsibility of the parent to comply with submitting these documents and AISW accepts no responsibility of the consequences in failure to do so.
Link to Ministry of Education required documents:
We look forward to welcoming your child to AIS-West.