Facts About AISE West
The American International School in Egypt has been one of Egypt's leading schools since it opened its doors to its first 240 students in 1990.
- AISE West serves the local and international community.
- AISE West Campus opened in 2009.
- AISE West offers places to students from KG1 to Grade 12.
- AISE West is a member of ESOL Education, a group of ten American and British schools spanning six countries and three continents.
- AISE West is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA) in Philadelphia.
- AISE’s American diploma is recognized by the Egyptian Ministry of Education as equivalent to the Egyptian General Secondary Certificate.
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB DP) is authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.
- AISE West Campus has been granted authorization to offer the IB DP for Grades 11 and 12.
- AISE West’s American and International curriculum is taught in English by certified and highly qualified North American and Canadian teachers. More than 50% of our teachers hold post graduate degrees.
- The curriculum follows the Virginia State and Common Core Standards of Learning and is designed to prepare students for entry into highly competitive colleges and universities in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, and beyond.
- The Elementary School has seven levels of classes from Kg 1 through to Grade 5. The core curriculum, namely Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science, is complemented by specialist classes in Music, Art, Physical Education, Arabic, Library, Counseling. Computer classes begin in Kg 2 and Religious Studies classes in Grade 1.
- Religious Studies is compulsory for all Arab students but optional for foreigners.
- The Middle School is comprised of Grades 6 to 8. The core subjects, namely Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Arabic, and Religious Studies are complemented by rotational classes in Computer, French, Physical Education, Music, Visual Arts, and Drama. Once again, Religious Studies is compulsory for all Arab students but optional for foreigners.
- The High School is comprised of grade 9 to 12. Studies lead to the American H.S. diploma in grade12 for all students. Students may also opt for the IBD classes to gain additional qualifications in grades 11 and 12.
- AISE West's challenging academic program provides many opportunities outside of the classroom for students at all levels to participate in extra-curricular activities that include Student Council, Competitive Sports, Drama Productions, and Yearbook.